This northeast Vietnam cycling tour was custom designed for our guests who wanted to explore the region near the Chinese border. Starting in Hanoi, we take the night train to Lao Cai and from there we head east into the province of Ha Giang and you’ll be riding through dramatic landscapes of Rocky Plateau and colorful ethnic minorities who are still living as they have for hundreds of years. We then cycle down to Ba Be National Park for a rest day before heading back to Hanoi.
$1,958/per Person – Price is based on minimum of two persons traveling together, twin share or double bedded room at 3 Star hotel. Itinerary may change, depending on flight schedule, road and weather conditions. Domestic flights are NOT included.
(B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner, G = Guide, DP = Driver Pickup)
Day 1: Hanoi city tour, night train to Lao cai – the border city to China (B, L, D, G)
Day 2: Climb over the road pass to Bac Ha – Cycling distance: 62km
Day 3: Enjoy the most stunning scenery ride to Lung Phin – Xin Man – Hoang Su Phi (B, L, D, G) – Cycling distance: 77km
Day 4: Cycle over the road pass “Heaven gate 2” to Tan Quang. – Cycling distance: 60km
Day 5: Leisurely ride through the countryside and along the Lo river to Ha Giang (B, L, D, G) – Cycling distance: 46km
Day 6: Ride through the terraced rice paddies, minority villages and over the road pass “Heaven gate 1” to Quan Ba town (B, L, D, G) – Cycling distance: 46km
Day 7: Rest day in Quan Ba town to enjoy the local beauty (B, L, D, G)
Day 8: Cycle to Yen Minh (B, L, D, G) – Cycling distance: 52 km
Day 9: Climb over the Rocky Plateau to Dong Van, Meo Vac (B, L, D, G) – Cycling distance: 72km
Day 10: Cycle to Bao Lac (B, L, D, G) – Cycling distance: 70km
Day 11: Cycle to Tinh Tuc (B, L, D, G) – Cycling distance: 78km
Day 12: Cruise down to Ba Be National Park (B, L, D, G) – Cycling distance: 75km
Day 13: Rest day or boat trip to visit Ba Be National Park (B, L, D, G)
Day 14: Transfer to Hanoi (B, L, G) – 240km
Prices vary depending on level of accommodation, group size and dates of travel.
Contact us to customize a vacation itinerary and price to meet your needs and budget.
- Accommodation room with breakfast at hotel, guest-house and home stay.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated.
- Bikes and gears.
- Private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above.
- Entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the program
- Meals as specified in the best local restaurants, picnics where suitable restaurants are not available.
- Water, snacks, fruits during the tour.
- VAT and other taxes
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visas (we can help you on this).
- Meals on the free day and dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Tips for guide and drivers.
Inspired by this example? Create your own Tour in Vietnam today!